Grosse Pointe Music Academy Recitals
Grosse Pointe Music Academy hosts two annual recitals for each location in the Winter and Spring.
Information about specific recital dates will be emailed and made available at the front desk as well as from your instructors.
Our next recital is the Winter Recital of 2017. Dates and more information is listed below:
GP Location Recital
Date: Sunday, February 12th, 2017
Grosse Pointe Unitarian Church
17150 Maumee, Grosse Pointe, MI, 48230
Canton Location Recital
Date: Saturday, January 14th, 2017
Plymouth, MI, 48170
General Recital Information: (subject to change)
MUSIC RECITAL INFORMATION
• The recitals are at a local facility, not at the music school.
• There is no charge for the music recitals but we do ask that you bring a non-perishable food donation. We donate these items to Crossroads of Michigan. Crossroads is a social service outreach agency with two locations in Detroit. Founded in 1971, Crossroads exists to support the community at large by providing emergency assistance, advocacy, and counseling to anyone in need.
• Each recital session will last about one hour
• Performers may sit anywhere they like in the auditorium. We will call each performer’s name and then they come up to perform.
• Please do not leave after your child has performed. This is very rude and the students at the end of the recital deserve an audience as much as the students at the beginning of the recital.
• Please do not talk during the performance and keep young children quiet so the performer is not distracted.
• Please come early if you have an instrument that needs to be tuned.
• Students do not have to memorize music and if they have we still strongly encourage them to bring their music in case they have any difficulties while performing.
• Due to the number of students performing the absolute maximum length a piece can be is 2 minutes. (This actually is a lot longer than you may think.)
• Students should use a post-it note flag or paperclip on the piece they are playing so they don’t have to find the page in the book at the recital.
• Dress for the recital does not have to be formal, but please do not dress in immodest or sloppy clothing. The appearance of the performer always is an important part of the performance.
If you have any questions, please ask the front desk We hope you enjoy the recital!