Rhythm Kids ™ Level 1
Rhythm Kids Level 1 is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4 – 5) with a parent or caregiver. Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music – based games. Rhythm Kids Level 1 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
• make up their own drumming patterns
• invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers , sticks, etc.)
• create movement ideas for songs
• even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids Level 1 follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
Classes a re for preschoolers ages 4 – 5 and include:
• 10 weekly, 45 – minute classes
• Animal Collection Songbook and 2 CDs each semester
• Access to online drum – play videos and other material
Your child will:
• Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
• Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
• Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Drums will be provided for the class each week , but if you ’d like your child to have a drum to play with at home (and then continue to use in Level 2 classes!), please ask your teacher about the special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families.
Rhythm Kids ™ Level 2
Rhythm Kids Level 2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through second grade (ages 5 through 8). Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
• learn multicultural drumming patterns;
• develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments;
• explore movement and dance while singing songs;
• play games based on music and drumming;
• have fun with a host of rhythm activities.
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. As part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at home with the help of online play – along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
Classes are for children K – 2 (ages 5 through 8) and include:
• 10 weekly, 45 – minute classes
• Animal Collection Songbook and CDs (2 copies) each semester
• Access to online video tutorial s and play – alongs
• Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
• Enjoy age – appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
• Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movement s
• Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
• Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
• Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
• Participate i n active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
This is an instrument – learning class, so your child will need a drum . Please ask your teacher about t he special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families .
1992-2018 Music Together LLC. Music Together is a registered trademark. Hummingbirds Music Together is licensed by Music Together LLC. For more locations: www.musictogether.com